A form of employment discrimination is when an individual is denied employment, promoted, given a job assignment, terminated, or compensated based on their race. Company that performing employment discrimination singapore is illegal. However, some organizations discriminate based on race.
Some common types of employment discrimination are:
- Age discrimination: A situation in which an employee is treated unfairly due to his/her age. Oftentimes, older employees will be discouraged that they are too old to work, or younger employees may be denied that they are not qualified.
- Gender discrimination: This occurs when an employee is discriminated against because of their gender. A company may assume that sensitive work should be performed by women and tough work by men.
- Racial discrimination: A situation in which an employer treats an employee unfairly because of their race or ethnicity.
- Origin or language discrimination: Employers are treated differently based on their native language or accent.
- Religious discrimination: Employees are treated unfairly because of his or her religious beliefs.
- Sexual discrimination: A situation where an employee is wrongfully treated because of their sexual orientation. Employers may decide not to hire a person because he/she is in a same-sex relationship.
- Disability discrimination: It occurs when an employer treats unfair an employee with a disability differently than someone who does not have a disability.
- Pregnancy discrimination: Pregnant employees are treated unfairly by employers. The company decides to lay off an employee due to her pregnancy.
There are a variety of laws out there protecting employees from these types of employment discrimination. If you are sure you are being discriminated against by any company, don’t hesitate to find a lawyer and file a lawsuit.